Thursday, December 4, 2014

Take your pick...


When I say things kept getting in the way, I’m not exaggerating.  As expected, since I have decided to give the Lord, and anyone wanting to read, my first fruits “Here come the Tare”.  My plan was to move forward, but there is one more observation to share. Ephesians 6:16 comes to mind because the separation from the tare requires some effort on our part. I’ll wait while you read that one real quick.
Let me diagram my recent revelation:
Decision
Distractions
      Disappointment     Discouragement
Shield of Faith – Delete The dis’s Above
            The Dart quenchers
Discerning
Determination
Dedication
            That one is for free, but the rest is going to cost you. Now you have to read the rest of the lesson on the fruit of the spirit …LOL  Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”  I’d like to share a little irony for me that happened as this lesson was revealed to me. First, I LOVE FRUIT! The other is my Spiritual name for my prayer group is Fruit. Anyway on with some serious stuff.
As far as I know Scientists have not developed a tree that bears more than one fruit at a time. I’ve yet to see an orange-peach tree. Same principle applies to the “fruit of the Spirit”.  There is only one quantifying Love; God’s. Joy is joy; peace is peace, etc. Each element of Spiritual fruit may have a variation, but there is only one!
A question could be how is that applicable when there are nine things mentioned? Glad you asked, cause a tree bares one type of fruit until death. Trees also develop and mature and with each new blooming comes a new element being add to the whole tree. Now understand one other thing about the tree, the branches are key. The only example that seems to draw the picture clearly is the fruit at the top after many blooms will be full of all the elements the grower desires. The lower branches may only be have a few of the characteristics, but still one tree. To apply it to how this walk may progress for some is like this; the morning harvest will depend on which level of the branches you pick. Some days your reach may be mid-level, but as long as you are tending the other levels can be harvested later.
An important fact to remember is the elements don’t just happen, there has to be a tending of the tree. Getting to know someone or something requires time, effort and dedication (there’s that dart quencher again). So, I’ll ask are you tending your tree?
Like Cain, are you picking from the branches that require little or no effort to reach in the mornings? Where are you gathering your first fruits? I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m climbing the ladder every chance I get. I want to live each day FULL! Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. I hope I tied this all together enough, but will see what happens. Happy tree tending Thursday! Smooches~~

No comments:

Post a Comment