Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Moveo~~to~~Action!!!!

In my mind I was ready to share the things I learned about the numbers of “r” words, but I feel led to go in another direction this morning. The thing that was running through my mind all night was motivation. I know there are certain things that can motivate a person and one of the largest motivators in today’s society is money. My favorite thing about God is when he speaks it is always in a still quiet and loving manner.

Well, I don’t have much materially, yet I have a lot of words. In listening to Bishop Jakes it sparked me to try to do better about the one thing I know I have a wonderful God given gift to do. I know that I have a talent and a mind to share with words, but was I really ready to do all that was necessary to do; even when is not a means of income?

When I think about when my boys were young, they were my entire motivation to get up and go to jobs I really didn’t enjoy, but they were a means of providing for my family. It was because I devoted so much of my time to excelling at my jobs, I set my desires and dreams aside to do what I deemed necessary. The one thing I found to be constant during that time is I was totally committed to my employers. I didn’t allow anything, not even pain or illness stop me from doing what I had to do to get that paycheck. Don’t get me wrong even during that time I had a love for God, but I was still trying to do what He promised to do for me. I never allowed him to be my all and all.

So, I had to ask myself what was so different now? Especially now that my sons are no longer dependent on me, what was the thing to motive me to get out of bed each morning? It’s not my current job, it’s not because there is potential for me to make a lot of money at the job, it’s not a romantic relationship and it’s not because my children needed me.

So being alone and single, what is my motivation? Why do I feel it is time for me to take this step of faith and write more? So as I usually do I turned to the dictionary. I looked up motivation - the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior. Etymology - motive, from the Latin verb moveĊ (“(I) move”), + -ation

Then as I began my morning study I was led to Hebrews 12:1 “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,” Then 1 Corinthians 7:35 “Now I am saying this for your own benefit, not to put a restraint on you, but because of what is proper and so that you may be devoted to the Lord without distraction.”

Both of these scriptures were a resounding confirmation of the teaching I had heard on Sunday. Sadly, it took me to be in extreme pain and losing a day’s pay to see that I was still allowing outside factors to keep me from doing what I feel strongly in my heart is for me to do. As I was reading 1 Corinthians I was directed to read the verses 32-34 and it was at that moment I knew without a doubt, I was missing it all in such a large way.

1 Corinthians 7:32-34 “I want you to be without concerns. An unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord — how he may please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the things of the world — how he may please his wife — and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or a virgin is concerned about the things of the Lord, so that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the things of the world — how she may please her husband.”

I have to proceed because the purpose of the Word/Christ is so that none will perish due to lack of knowledge. Knowing God has blessed me, beyond what I could have ever thought or imagined, in the area of wisdom and knowledge. So the fact I have remained single to this point is so at this appointed time I must be devoted to my relationship with God. To follow his instruction and do what is the one thing leading my heart, writing and share with anyone willing to read the knowledge given to me.

In order to be devoted to God I need to learn more of him and from him. This means less Facebook, less Netflix and less just being plain distracted. What better psychological factor than being loved by a gracious and merciful God to be motivated. A God who chose me despite my many flaws and wants to use me, even when I feel not worthy. A God who sees fit to wake me each morning refreshed and ready to praise him.

See, I get it - my purpose is clear and now I have to work on keeping my helmet of salvation on as I strive to be pleasing to God. Not running myself ragged because I feel a need to spread His word, but to run patiently the course He has given me. To know He is in complete control no matter what it looks like. To know that I will soon reach His desired end for me. To spend my “free” time learning more of him and share all I glean! Taught a huge lesson Tuesday! Smooches~~

No comments:

Post a Comment