Sunday, March 1, 2015

Fitness Training Begins!

Well I have to admit I’ve not been the best warrior for Christ lately. I’ve slacked in my prayer life, worshipping nonexistent and my studying time went from six days to once a week. I’d allowed a moment of adversity to determine my self-worth. I was certain if I felt this way about myself how in the world could God see me any differently.

I thought I was ready to venture out of my comfort zone and fulfill what I thought was my purpose. I know my heart’s desire is to be a writer, to share the wisdom I glean from my studies and to help others going through struggles. I felt like I failed because I hadn’t gotten something I’d hoped for.

Then I had to ask myself why I was so devastated by this failure. What was it about this one that made me lose all the progress I’d made over the last few years? As I sat contemplating, it wasn’t this one by itself, it was years of failure and unfulfilled dreams that caused me to want to walk away.

So I asked God to show me how to find my footing and get back on track. Then my Sunday morning routine turned into the biggest blessing I could have hoped for. Bishop Jakes preached a sermon I felt designed just for me. I cried, which is not unusual, as I realize this failure was all part of the plan for my life.

I was the John Mark he was speaking to. It was me who wasn’t fit for the fight up until now. With just a simple message my spiritual eyes were dried from the years of tears and my vision cleared from despair. The clincher of it all was at the end of the service was the Praise and Worship singers began singing Marvin Sapp’s “He Saw the Best in Me”.

It still amazes me how one event opened the door for a renewal of strength to fight. To fight for my dream and to stand a little taller in my faith that God has my life in his hands and will see to it I finish this race as a victor not a victim. To continue writing even if there is never any recognition or accolades.

My job is to share my heart and my trials in hopes maybe just one person finds their strength and walks into their destiny. So onward and clicking away at the keys I go. Standing Stronger Sunday! Smooches ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment