Monday, January 19, 2015

Burst my Bubble!

The thoughts of this one have been bubbling around for a long time. My problem has been how to broach the subject and stay true to my beliefs. Pick up your cross has been swirling around all morning. I hope this point is received in all the love I can muster.

The other day I read an article posted by someone I love. Prior to that there was a video I shared from this same person. Now let me share my opinion very briefly. (Okay, I’ll try to share my opinion briefly and yes Uncle Terry your page.) When will we truly become a church and not congregations distinguished by our differences and classification of sin? ‘Not a spot or wrinkle!’

Truth is truth, right? Let me just put it out there like this. To proclaim myself a Christian is my choice, not a declaration of perfection. Letting it be known I choose to follow after Christ as best I can. Working daily to rid my blemishes and iron out my personal wrinkles. Then the swirling began again.

My cross may not be yours, but I choose to pick it up and follow God just as I am. Don’t understand why He chooses to use me, but I’m willing to be used. For me it is a demonstration of my trust and love, seeing Jesus standing cheering me on as I bare my cross.

It is not my desire to crush bubbles, but here is what I’ve learned about this Cross walk; Sin is Sin to God. Churches have put sins in categories and on shelves which have burst from holding burdens which should have been laid at the altar. The problem is we all have judgments about this thing or the other. I can read the word all day and still take three steps and mess up. The beauty of my messing up is most of the time I mess up alone.

The more I realize my relationship is as a daughter, I’m finally learning to see myself as God sees me; from a parental prospective. Not making excuse but hoping to say this gently. When are the words spoken from pulpits really going to start making a difference in behavior?

Now, I hear friends tell me all the time they love reading my stuff, but I have no way to truly measure that admiration. Let me back up one more, I have people in my life whom I love yet, I only see or speak to them through sporadic Facebook interactions. Several people, I hold dear to my heart, are homosexual and love God. I have people who know about some of my vices and they still love me. A few are non-believers, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love them and they can’t love me! If I can’t gauge this love towards me how can I know your love for God? Last I looked not part of my pathvocation.

Maybe I’m confused here and would ask for clarity, but if my sin doesn’t stop me from chasing after my means of salvation; what right does anyone have to block my path!? Wait isn’t that what Love is!? Wait isn’t that what God is? Nowhere have I read come only those with serious OCD and have it all together, those are who I’m using.

Hold on, let me just say this while it’s at my fingertips. It’s funny to me how it’s been said God is not a respecter of person, but it is evident the people in his churches are. The justification used by the church is God hates sin! Yes, but not the sinner! Good Lord, we’d all be in serious poopoo if he did huh!?!?

Here is the clincher, my sin is not now nor never will be against you. So how can you hold something against me I’ve not done to you? I’ve got my own cross and not all my stuff is hanging on the cross I bare. What parts of my sin-filled nature I choose to hold in check are those which are easiest to ignore. It’s easy to deny what doesn’t bind me. I’ve not lived under a basket and my eyes have seen some things. Seeing things can bring about thoughts and thoughts…well. CHURCH how can you unbind from a sin if you keep shielding from and backing away from it?

As I was looking for the right scripture to offer I was led to the book of Acts starting about the 20 th chapter and the word ‘bound’ kept pushing to the front and I’ll end my brevity here. In the depictions of Paul we only know of his struggle to serve and follow Christ. His cross was being in and out of bounds. Oh my goodness, his bound were visible! Yet his words and teachings are some of the most widely used verses for many years.

It could be said it was these visible bonds that kept him securely attached to his cross. He didn’t allow what was going on to his body to interfere with his spirit. Yearning and stretching for what was filling his soul and guiding him forward. So, I simply ask is what binds you to be your cross moving you forward or holding you hostage? I don’t expect an answer, but God does! So, I’d say to anyone who questions you, just tell them to get out of your CROSSWALK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment